Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas...

I have been in full-blown Christmas zone for at least a week now.... Dan calls me Mrs. Merry Christmas.... Charlie arrived Wednesday. Mick comes this afternoon after an all night drive from Rome, Georgia where his USF Cougars took the '08 NAIA Football title. I pick up my parents tomorrow from DIA... miracle of miracles that they get to join us at 84 and 85! Tara, Jeremy and Gus arrive tomorrow night too! We spend Christmas Eve with Dan's extended Clan and then have Christmas Day with our family. So the house will be full... can't wait!!! Oh, the noise... oh, the eating... oh, the visiting... oh, the joy of it all!!!

Christmas Play at Chugwater Valley Church... does Christmas get any better than this?

Dan Narrates the Pageant

What's Christmas without Shepherds?
And Angels?
And the Wisest Guy of all? Mytchell P....

And Don't Forget the Brittle.... Mick hasn't

Maggie's Wreath Cookies....

The Mighty Mom's Cookie Exchange.....

A Little Home Decore..... you know how I love Christmas....

Wishing you and yours the Merriest of Christmas ever!

May you be ever mindful of the One who authored this season.... that God didn't simply leave us to fend for ourselves "in a world as cold as stone" as Amy Grant sings in one of my favorite Christmas songs. He is the way the truth and the life.... Jesus is the Savior the world hoped and longed for. We give Him the praise and adoration He is due this season and hope you are blessed by God in a special and particular way this year. Love you all!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh, gosh, it all looks so beautiful! Sounds like Tara and Jeremy had a crazy week last week, so they'll definitely need some TLC. They're headed to the right place. I love the pics of the Christmas pageant and the narrator.

I bet Maggie, like her progeny, excited!

xoxo

Jennifer Miller said...

How fun! I miss those pictures! Your decorating looks amazing!! Hope you and the whole family have a WONDERFUL Christmas!! Jesse, Arden, and Mom are down in Denver at my place this year - should be interesting :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I hadn't missed those Christmas wreaths!