
Yesterday we had a little grass fire east of our house. I got a call while I was in Cheyenne at the grocery store about 6:00 pm. Oddly that is about the time I got the call almost three years ago when our home burned to the ground. It was so deju va! I panicked and my friend, Val, had to talk me all the 40 miles home. Carolie and Steve went and checked on things for me and found that one of Dan's feed sacks that got out of the burn barrel deespite the grate over the top and started the fire. He was fighting the fire and didn't call me. Dan felt terrible! How many hundereds of fires has he lit in those barrels?!?! We were blessed that the wind was coming from the west so it was blowing away from our NEW HOME! The Chug Volunteer Fire Dept. got another work out but grass fires are their speciality so we were in good hands. God spared us and we are grateful! Thought you might like to know.
4 comments:
gulp
but i am glad to know
THAT'S SCARY! i'd say one house fire is already one too many.
One was definitely more than enough!
So thankful this did not harm your new home! Oh my, one hardly even wants to think about the possibility! Thank God :).
Post a Comment