Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Can You Believe Its?!?!?

Miss Merry Christmas in All Her Glory! This has been a month of varied activities! I have helped at our two Festival of Trees fundraiser for my work...to help us raise funds to promote employment of people with disabilities. We hold one in Cheyenne and one in Riverton.... This picture was taken at our Cheyenne FOT. What a lovely event! My family calls me "Miss Merry Christmas" so I am sure they will think that this is a classic picture of me.

I sure do love CHRISTmas! I have been madly preparing all month. The house is decorated, Dicken's Village up and cookies in the freezer (off limits to Dan). We have all five of our kids plus spouses coming home this year. We haven't had everyone here for at least four years so we are especially excited and I want it to be perfect! Mick says that if we get snowed in for the week they are all here we wouldn't be happier.... We have several family events planned and even a slide show of Hannah, Abby and Ben's work overseas this year planned for church and friends on the 26th. Hannah is coming all the way home from her work in Afghanistan with her beau, Steven Daley, from Perth, Australia.... that will be a special highlight. We will miss my parents and brother though.....

I can't seem to get the pictures in order on this blog lately so sorry about that.... the picture below is my newly sprained ankle. I missed two stairs on the 19th when I was putting packages in the basement. It looks awful and doesn't feel too good either. Mick said it is the worse sprain he has ever seen. I was glad to have my own paramedic at home!!! Trying to trust God with this one.... I still have a lot to do with 10 of us for a week!!! Yikes! Dan says I am not an easy rider about these things.... maybe not perfect after all..... One of my friends told me that it will be the only time I can boss everyone around and they will help because they feel sorry for me. Ha! Maybe I can make this work.

Lynn's Christmas Ankle....
This was the doorscape that I made for the FOTThanks to a wonderful friend it sold very well and made some great money for the BLN.... The doorscape could also be used as a tablescape which is how she used it. Made with real branches from our wonderful trip with the Melmers to the Black Hills.

Lynn's FOT Tree
This is the tree I made for the FOT. Long story but it is now the tree in my living room.... poor Dan.... another one of the "can you believe its" for the year?!?!?
Praying for each of you to have the best CHRISTmas ever.... I have been making a special effort to "Prepare Him Room."... to prepare my heart for the coming of my Savior this year. May your heart stand ready to receive Him too.... The Light for a dark world....can you believe it?!?!? Amazing.....Blessings to each of you!
Miss Merry CHRISTmas!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Lynn! I sure do enjoy seeing your blog. Thank you for emailing to tell me a message is there.

WOW that looks like some sprain! Could it be broken? Did you get an Xray? I've seen sprains before, but never anything like that! I hope you are making sure to get the best medical care for it.

I wish I could be there to see the slide show and to meet all the family I haven't met yet! I'm sure that your home will be full of so much love, with all of your children there at home. I will certainly be thinking of you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, Miss Merry Christmas!

Love,

Nancy