
This blog merits writing seeing how Dan and I are about to become GRANDPARENTS for the first time in February!!! Our oldest son Jeremy and his wife Tara are the first of our five children to have a baby. Dan and I are very excited by this newest development and relieved that we will have a grandchild before we are to old to enjoy them. Grandpa Dan will be a sight to behold... I just know it.... he will be over the top in his understated manner but you just wait?!?! I am hoping that maybe this grandchild will wait to be born on my birthday. The due date is the 3rd and my birthday is the 8th. My boys were all late so maybe... wouldn't that be cool to share my birthday with my first grandchild?
I hear from all our friends how amazing grandparenting is....I told Dan that I think at this point in life it is was of the last great frontiers in this journey that we haven't experienced. That will make it extra special to be sure. I actually can't begin to really imagine what it is going to be like or how it is going to feel. I am sure that, like for every family, this will be a huge milestone. If is a boy he will carry on the Westerman name, which will be very special indeed, and if it is a girl.... well... it will be the baby girl I never got. So either way we win! This baby will also make my parents great grandparents for the first time! WOW!
I think that it will be such fun to watch my son be a Daddy!!! It is so hard to believe.... does every grandparent relive the birth of their own child and think that it doesn't seem all that long ago that we were just becoming parents?!? Jeremy had two great examples in his own life not to mention wonderful grandfathers! With such good mentoring I know he will be a great Dad! I will enjoy the payback some too... I cannot tell a lie.... smile. Tara will no doubt be a wonderful Mom! We all know that she will slip into that role, a natural!
The siblings are each very thrilled as well. Mick was funniest.... he told me last night on the phone that he can't let himself think about it too much because he gets so excited he can hardly contain himself and then he can't sleep! Now this is an Uncle who will be present in this little person's life! How fun! So little Beanie Baby we welcome you. We are praying for each facet of your life and development. We are praying for God to perfectly knit you together in your Mommy's womb. We are praying for a sound mind and one that loves and serves Jesus! You are already loved and cherished! We are going to try not to be too over the top in front of our friends but in private we are dancing and turning cartwheels.... just so you know.
Love,
Grammie Lynn and Grandpa Dan too!
P.S. What does this make Gus?!?! Will he love this little one since a real baby is bound to rock his world too!
3 comments:
cute. this baby is so lucky to have you in his/her life already. the prayers are felt and the last ultrasound just melted my new little mommy heart. seeing legs and arms was so amazing!!
you'll be A+ grandparents...no doubt in my mind.
Congratulations Grandparents, Parents, Aunts & Uncles! What joy! We are so happy for you all!
i added you to my blog - but that means you have to post more frequently!!! :)
i've been eating plenty of sweet things - some of which are starburts and jelly bellys!!!
Post a Comment