Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Saturday, July 29, 2006

Our Ranch Home Burns Down on April 28, 2006

We have all been amazed at the destruction of the fire. This was Mick's reaction and the look on his face is about how each one of us felt.
This was Mick looking at the file where all of his Dad Chuck's writing was stored all these 15 years. I had been saving it for the boys so they could know Chuck better as they got older. Every sheet contained within was totally destroyed. Dan, the fire chief and myself fished the file from the rubble wqith our tractor and were so hopeful for some remnants but only to meet with disappointment when we saw only ash inside.



This was a sample of the ash that was everywhere. We probably only recovered enough stuff to put into one wheelbarrel. It was very thorough....












This is a look at was left during the clean-up process. The rubble you see was characteristic of what was left.

I had hundereds of rubber stamps... I am a stamper and scrapbooker. These are the only ones we ever uncovered. They were warped so they got thrown away but the terrible smell was probably the worst part.


I cried when I saw what was left of my journal....







and my Native American jewerly collection....








One day in May several of my Mighty Mom's Bible study and prayer friends went with me to the "pit" and we were trying to find anything of value. I couldn't stand it any longer and climbed the ladder up and out and was amazed by what was taking place up there... I started yelling that they had better come up because God was giving us a miracle right there and right then. Like Genesis 9:13 God gave us a "rainbow" ..... not just one but a COMPLETE DOUBLE rainbow (sorry my lenses sould not capture the whole thing). God gave Dan and I one of those before we got married and so in our ceremony all those years ago, the kids came down the isle pulling colored streamers behind them symbolizing the covenant that God seemed to have made with us that He would not allow any more destruction like that again in our lives. I felt He promised us again this time that if we would look for and follow Him through even this ordeal that He is promising us His protection. Oh- that we can have a heart like Job.....

"Shall we accept only what is good at the hand of the Lord and shall we not accept (also) misfortune and what is of a bad nature? In spite of all this, Job did not sin with his lips." Job 2:10 Amplified Bible

No comments: