Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Wednesday, May 14, 2008

End of the Line!

Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 marked that last day that Dan and I had a child (in this case Charles MacDuff) in the Platte County School system after 21 YEARS!!! I think this picture might be have taken on Charlie's first day of school...back in about 1996. Wow- we have come along way! Life has been marked each year with the start of school... will we ever be able to break that habit of that feeling like the start of a new year?!?!
We graduated the first four of our children from Chugwater High School and Charlie from Wheatland. He spend his sophmore through senior years at WHS. It was good move for Charlie and has been fun for Dan and I to relate to Wheatland, build friends and even live there for parts of the last three years. We bought The Cottage in 2006 and it was a Godsend after our house fire in 2006. We lived there for over 13 months straight before our new house was built.

I think that this picture was taken the first day of Charlie's junior year in front of "The Cottage" (our little home in Wheatland). School days are the heart of a family. We have come a long way haven't we... we leave it now with a tear in our eye.

2 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

Oh man that top picture is awesome! Everyone is so young :) They've all grown to be such beautiful ladies and handsome men!

You guys get the house to yourselves now! Enjoy! (I want to see the new house..I've only seen pictures!)

Amanda said...

I loved the wee kids picture myself, although it just made me feel old!