Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Saturday, June 21, 2008

Clouds from "Both Sides Now"

After a very long winter summer has been slow in coming to Wyoming this year. Yesterday was offically the first day of summer and it might finally be here but in the meantime we have had rain, it has been very cool but now it is unbelievably GREEN!!!

I took the most beautiful walk ever and it was all I could do not to burst into song.... "the hills are alive with the Sound of Music." I know... I know....I am one of the corny people who love muscials and think life should burst forth into song on a regular basis! But the green took my breath away and made me want to sing!

This week I was driving down to the ranch from Wheatland and the CLOUDS were taking my breath away. I love those billowy clouds that look like cotton candy and give us a glance of what heaven is probably like!!! But to Dan's dismay I was snapping pictures along the way. I have to share a few of them with you. This picture was taken with our own Cowboy in it! Cool, huh?
In keeping with my songburst theme this is the song that comes to mind when I think of clouds... a blast from the past of my youth. Judy Collins was one of my favorites!

"I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all"
From Judy Collins song "Both Sides Now"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What beautiful pictures! I love clouds and Joni Mitchell as well!