Can you guess where this was taken?
We love you Dan R. Kirkbride!!!!
Father's Day was a nice affair for Dan this year. We still had one child at home... Charlie, the littlest boy. I made Dan blueberrry pancakes (boy, does he love a hot breakfast!) We did church, had gifts (guess where Charlie shopped?!?!) and then Char and I packed a lunch and our bikes and we went for a great ride on the Cheyenne Greenway. The afternoon's festivities culminated in a dinner at the new Olive Garden. It was a bit impromtu with Grandpa Ken and Angie, BankKaw, Grandma Pat, Carl and then Uncle Alan, Aunt Lindi, Kapri and Maggie filled in. It was really fun! There are some advantages to living at home near family! Some of them got away before the picture was taken....
Dan is a great Dad! I have watched him for 15 years now and I think his track record speaks for itself as how well he has provided and loved his KREW! Not many guys would take on four extra people in one afternoon all those years ago on April 18, 1993! I am proud to call him the Father of my children! I am proud that he loves the Lord, is concerned about his character and the character of his children. I am glad that he wants to do things the "right way" because he certainly has done that with his children. I love all the fun he provided along the way... the order of Christmas gifts, his provocative thought questions, geo trivia and he plays to win in Settlers... to name just a few. I think of all the ways that he has taught you kids... 4-H, Geo Bee, sports coaching, ranch work, family prayer time etc.... I love this picture taken last year when helping Charlie with a 4-H workworking project. This is Dan.... a fine a Father as they come....
We love you Dan R. Kirkbride!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment