Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Saturday, February 14, 2009

Not One Dozen but Two! Happy Valentine's Day

"Every once in awhile I get something right" is what Dan said about his Valentine's Day gift to me this year. Yesterday the UPS man stopped at the house and I was madly trying to think if I had ordered anything. I went out to get the box and it was from Pro-flowers. Hmmm.... I thought... interesting. Now I need to go on record and say that Dan ALWAYS gets me flowers for this day special day. I kept cutting stems, arranging them in a vase and all the time thinking this is a lot of flowers. I finally stopped to count and this year he sent me TWO DOZEN ROSES!!!! I was astonished! They are simply gorgeous! They smell like spring and brighten up our dining room during this cold winter stretch! They are going to die... they are a expensive.... but I am totally enjoying them and feeling very loved because I adore fresh flowers!!! I my opinion this is not a holiday about practicality! It is about lavishing love on someone.... just because you appreciate they are part of your life! It is about saying things you might not take the time to say. It might not even be fully deserved so it is about grace pure and simple....



So no matter if you have a "sweetie" or not.... each of us is a "sweetie" to our God!!! We are "fearfully and wonderfully made, He searches us and knows us... when we sit and when we rise, He percieves our thoughts from afar " Psalm 139 "This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and send His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins... John further says that he writes this so that "WE MAY KNOW that you have eternal life. " I John 4:10 and 5:13. Wow! What a gift! Now the two dozen roses are amazing.... but we are each loved this Valentine's Day by the greatest LOVE of all!!!! He got it right too JUST FOR YOU!

P.S. But i must say "way to go, Dan!!!"

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Way to go, Daddy-o!