Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorable Memorial Day '09

We honor our very own VETERANS!!!
Today we think of our fathers: Ken Kirkbride and Donald Johnston and the sacrifice that they made in WWII on our behalf.... we honor you. We know that there are not many of you left. We are so blessed to have both of you still in our lives! We thank you and want you to know that we haven't forgotten your service ....
The KKrew minus me as usual!
Memorial Day 2009-We planted three more trees today.... that will mark this Memorial Day for us. It was an overcast day but pleasant and we were in good cheer we worked (despite digging holes in complete clay)... Dan, Charlie and LTK. We have now planted a total of 7 trees and 9 bushes since our house fire. I am so very thrilled that all the things that we planted last year survived the winter!!! Don't look at the lawn... but the trees are amazing....

Dan Works out a Solution

It was classic Dan. We had to move one of the trees... I had Charlie dig a hole too close to the power lines and Dan noticed. Unfortunately we had taken to the tree to that spot and they weigh several hundred pounds so we had to figure out how to move the beast. Enter Dan... who loves to invent a way for one guy to do just about anything on the ranch!!! So he tied one of his ramps on the back of the 4 wheeler and loaded the tree on it and dragged it over to the new hole. Never one to waste a hole dug that in that soil, I will find a bush later to put in there so Char's work is not in vain. I thought I should add this little story because Dan is constantly inventing things. I think that is post worthy! No one has any idea the number ot times in a week that Dan has to come up with a way for one guy to accomplish a job. Hats off to my great inventor! Fun to have Charlie home to help... it was great to have a KKREW again!

Dan's Does it Again
Dragging the Tree: Dan Style
To complete the day.... I grilled hamburgers... of course, its Memorial Day.... and we watched the Nuggets beat the Lakers in the conference finals! I even thought it was fun! To make the day complete I made a blueberry/ raspberry pie for dessert! Even Gluten-free and Charlie thought it was the best crust ever. Now how about that?!?! My brawny men earned it tonight! A fun day was had by all!!!

A Few More Trees Dot the Landscape

No comments: