
Tara's Office
She loves her job!!!
Chef Dominique and Crew
Mick and Diamond
Mick minus Bed Bugs in His new Home
Potato Patrol
I am blessed with a Good Friend for the Daughter in Law!
Jer and Mick are halfway through their EMT training course. Mick did his overnight in the ER last night and we are anxious to hear the details. He and Jer seem to be really liking this choice even if the course work is very intense. The paramedic training begins in mid- Sept. and goes for nine months culminating in an internship of 6-9 weeks somewhere in the country. After that Mick will have one semester at USF to finish. He and Jer are quite competitive with each other so I would dare to say that this is a great arrangement for both of them! Tara and I decided that we could never do this type of work but God has given each of us different bents so we are glad that there are those who can do this important work. Dan and I are both very supportive of them getting this "hard" skill to add to their resumes. God please bless them in their studies!
One of the big highlights for us this weekend has been some time with our dear friends Rick and Val. Val came for coffee on Friday at Tara's Office.... then last night we got an added bonus having them for some of Jer's wonderful ribs! They were here for the evening so it was a great time for visiting and catching up! There is something outstanding about old friends with a shared history to be a balm to your soul!!! We have journeyed many miles with these dear friends... we have shared every kind of joy and every kind of sorrow. They know our souls... they have helped comfort and encourage them. They have helped shape our souls and have let a stamp on them that is there for life.... what a privilege that God afforded us in this friendship! Talk about getaway long weekend for November is now the works! Watch out when Val and Lynn "make a plan". ...move over!
Today is brunch for lunch, family "mini golf" if the weather holds and church at the Crossing... my heart is full just thinking of it! All that is missing is Hannah, Abby and Ben....
Lynn and her Bud
3 comments:
Mother,
Wish we had been there! I am seriously missing coffee, grilling, family and maybe even Gus. Can't wait!
Did you beat the "competitors" at mini golf again? Wish I was there, too, it sounds wonderful! I'm a little bummed that everyone's going to be in the same country but me real soon...
The mini gold was left undone... it was cold, there were some studying and Char taping a Canary's game... maybe next time. my title still stands...Yeah- it is too bad that you are so far away because I think we will have all but you Han for Laura's wedding... boo hoo!!!
Post a Comment