In lieu of Hannah and Abby, I held a baby shower this week for Lincoln Ellis Pollard, the new son of our kid's childhood friend, Amanda. This charming little Lincoln has made our dear friend Joy and Philip grandparents! So this is definitely a BIG deal! In lieu of Hannah and Abby, I held a baby shower this week for Lincoln Ellis Pollard, the new son of our kid's childhood friend, Amanda. This charming little Lincoln has made our dear friend Joy and Philip grandparents! So this is definitely a BIG deal!The Goodies

Of course there were yummy things to eat. I made two huge salads from my organic veggies through the food coop I am a part of. To Mick's delight (although he wasn't here) I made a Greek salad and also a strawberry tossed salad eaten with Joy's homemade rolls. There were some rich desserts: Joy's Chocolate Pudding Torte, my hot chocolate meragine cake, shortbread and Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch bars. I have included the menu especially for Hannah who wanted all the details. The theme of the shower was presidential (the old red, white and blue) including Lincoln penny's on the table for the little man....
Let's Get Things Rolling...
A Wonderful New Mom
We had a BABY BOOK Shower in honor of his mother, Amanda, the English teacher extraordinaire!!! There were over 20 people who attended the party and the amazing thing was that there were no duplicate books!!! Lincoln now has an incredible library started!!! We had everyone share why the books was special after sister Sarah had everyone tried to guess Amanda's top three favorite books.... Any guesses from this crowd!?!?

Of course there were yummy things to eat. I made two huge salads from my organic veggies through the food coop I am a part of. To Mick's delight (although he wasn't here) I made a Greek salad and also a strawberry tossed salad eaten with Joy's homemade rolls. There were some rich desserts: Joy's Chocolate Pudding Torte, my hot chocolate meragine cake, shortbread and Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch bars. I have included the menu especially for Hannah who wanted all the details. The theme of the shower was presidential (the old red, white and blue) including Lincoln penny's on the table for the little man....
Let's Get Things Rolling...
The New and Proud Dad- He changes diapers too!
A Wonderful New Mom
We had a BABY BOOK Shower in honor of his mother, Amanda, the English teacher extraordinaire!!! There were over 20 people who attended the party and the amazing thing was that there were no duplicate books!!! Lincoln now has an incredible library started!!! We had everyone share why the books was special after sister Sarah had everyone tried to guess Amanda's top three favorite books.... Any guesses from this crowd!?!?Party Goers
You Can't Keep Him, Carolie....
It was a great group of participants... ladies from Chugwater Valley Church, neighbors, a whole slue of Amanda's family plus Mark, Philip and Dan... We had to have the guys to save us from the rich desserts!!! We gathered on our front porch and it was delightful to all be together on a warm summer day and look out on the green hills south of our home in celebration of little Lincoln!!! It was such fun to see Amanda as a Mom! Of course, she has had excellent training and to watch the new Grandma with her own special "cub". Who says Joy can't love little boys!?!?!?
Grandma, Mom and her girls!
You Can't Keep Him, Carolie....
It was a great group of participants... ladies from Chugwater Valley Church, neighbors, a whole slue of Amanda's family plus Mark, Philip and Dan... We had to have the guys to save us from the rich desserts!!! We gathered on our front porch and it was delightful to all be together on a warm summer day and look out on the green hills south of our home in celebration of little Lincoln!!! It was such fun to see Amanda as a Mom! Of course, she has had excellent training and to watch the new Grandma with her own special "cub". Who says Joy can't love little boys!?!?!?
Grandma, Mom and her girls!





1 comment:
It looks amazing. Thanks for your thorough documentary of the whole event. I don't even know where to start on Amanda's three favorite books. Are we talking kids books, books of all time, books she's taught 12 times each?
The food made my mouth water when I read about it. And it's great to see Karen G., Karen W., Carolie, Syd, Joy as a grandma, the Alaska crowd. A smash success, it appears!
Thanks for putting all those pictures and words up. I love seeing it.
Post a Comment