Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Saturday, July 04, 2009

Milwaukee Trip '09- City of my Birth

We have technically been "empty nesting" over a year now... I have been thinking of this time as mainly a time of "reinventing" myself. This summer I realize that is also a time of "reconnecting". I must admit that I am loving this phase. I joined Facebook, I attended the YMCA of the Rockies staff reunion and most recently I visited Milwaukee where I reconnected with high school friends and their families of 35 years ago. I traveled back to Wyoming with my heart full from my time with these precious long-standing friends!!! The only thing missing from this trip was Dan but I am determined to bring him the next time. It is wonderful to have friends in your life with whom you have a long-standing history with! There is nothing like that!

It is always hard to visit friends when I am in Milwaukee because I usually have to split my time between my brother and my folks and they live three hours apart so the time is always short. This trip I went to attend the ASPE (Association of Person in Supported Employment) conference for work. I planned it so I could fly in the weekend before to see my brother, Brian a.k.a "Beej" and visit old high school friends. Dan, Charlie and I will be visiting my parents in August so I will touch all the bases this summer. Hooray!
The OLD PF Gang Reunites!
On Saturday the Kebbie's hosted a party for me at Dr. and Mrs. K's Cottage south of Milwaukee. I rode out with my best little high school buddy Nance and we had a great time to catch up in the car. We were talking so much we kept missing the turns... sorry for the three phone calls, Gar! Once there it was SO MUCH FUN that no one wanted to leave!!! We talked, laughed, told stories, (did I really do those things?!)caught up... oh and did I say laughed?!?! We took a cruise on the pontoon boat with Dr. K, as captain extraordinaire, and then grilled Milwaukee brats, of course, that Gary had carefully soaked in beer and ate Mr.s K's famous dates bars !!! Mrs. Z was even there!!! Dave Z traveled all the way in from Madison! I got to see two of the Kebbie brothers and even talked to David on the phone. How Mrs. K raised those five I will never know.... she liked it when I came to stay because the room where I slept always smelled a little sweeter she likes to say..... I am glad she has had wonderful and refined Kathy all these years because I think she civilized those wild boys!?!?!
Dr. and Mrs K. - Extra parents to me
Added Laurie and Deb Been on Sunday at Panera BreadWe were all so reluctant to leave so we continued our reunion the next day at Panera Bread for breakfast where we added Debby and Laurie Been.... The old gang was almost complete. I haven't seen Laurie who lives in WA for over 30 years! I was amazed how everyone looked so much the same... maybe it was wishful thinking but I would have known any of you on the street...
This Was Way TOO MUCH FUN!!!
Best High School Buddy, Nance!
Milwaukee is known for it's festivals. They have the largest music festival in the world. I can't even remember all the big name bands we saw when I was a teenager out in the mud in front of the tents. Well- it is a bit more refined now with over 12 stages and one big main stage for 10 straight days of simultaneous music. Beej loves to go and hang out. He parked motorcycles for over 5 years and knows tons of people. He sits and is a people magnet except that he forgets that the rest of us don't have a chair to sit in.... smile. I was thrilled to share this with him. I went to the "Fest" three times... two with Brian. The first was with his dear friend Sherri Brown and our old next door neighbor growing up... Robin Rathkamp. We had loads of fun....eating fried eggplant, mozzarella sticks and shopping in the little markets for bargains.
Beej in One of His Favorite Places- Summerfest!

The second time to SF Brian took me and two of our BLN Staff and we went in for just a bit till we left and went together for a big seafood feed at Rip Tide. We met Roger there and Nance even joined us. More great stories and new memories. So cool that all these special people in my life could come together and meet. My staff have never met Brian before this. Roger and I have been working together of 17 years so it was about time! They are not sure he is really my brother....smile.....
Even got to See Pook!!! She looks wonderful even after her HUGE Fight Against Cancer! Sherri and Robin-dear friends at the FEST

So Glad Sherri Could be Out to Enjoy the Day!!!

Earth, Wind and Fire and Chicago!

The third SF trip was with Marla and Bev. We went and saw Earth, Wind and Fire and Chicago! $22 tickets and more trips down memory lane with all that great oldie music. They played a opening and closing set all together....about 15 great musicians on the stage all at once. It was rockin'!!! Earth, Wind and Fire were my favorites... they really move on stage and the horns are such fun!
APSE Conference with BLN Staff and Old Friends
I did actually come to go to the APSE Conference which Roger and I haven't been to in about five years. It was another time of "reconnecting". One of my highlights was seeing Rob Hoffman who I developed the WBLN with all those years ago. He and his family live in Missouri and he is doing great work there but I sure do miss him and all his ideas and innovation!
Do People Really Go Out in Public in These Pants?!?!The Boss Men- Roger and Dick VenneBLN Directors- Marla, Beth and Bev Seeing Rob Hoffman-My Partner in the Early BLN was One Highlight of My Trip!
So it was altogether one great trip!!! I come home to my wonderful husband with my cup overflowing! Still yet for Rob and I to win an award but other than that....smile....Thanks to each of you who made it possible and who spoiled me rotten with your love, attention and affection! Us Sanguines love this sort of attention and all that "reconnecting". Know that you are some of my most favorite people in all that world... I know God blessed my life with you all those years ago and I am so thrilled that we intersected once again. Write me, call, find me on Facebook or better yet come and visit Dan and I on our Wyoming ranch!!! Love you! LTK

No comments: