When our ranch house burned to the ground on April 28, 2006. Dan, Charlie and I moved there where we lived full-time for 13 months. We had no idea that the Cottage would be God's provision to us during a time of loss, grieving and upset. It was wonderful to have a place to live during that time that had some familiar, if not garage sale quality items, that were at least our own. It was a lot of togetherness in that little place but that was ok, as we hurt, it was good to be physically close as we began putting our lives back together. Besides that, after years of living in the country, it was great to live in the "city" and have a grocery and a Subway near by! Smile... Here are some pictures of the beloved Cottage...
The Living Room
The Cozy Kitchen
Dan and Lynn's Room
Char's Space...Packers and all
Char and Travis thought the Cottage was the ultimate hang out place!

The Cozy Kitchen
Dan and Lynn's Room
Char's Space...Packers and all
Char and Travis thought the Cottage was the ultimate hang out place!
For all those reasons it was hard to let it go. We sold it last month and I have spent the better part of this past month packing us up and then unpacking and trying to find places for our stuff to "live" the new house without getting the new place full of clutter. I think I finally have it! I will do a second post with pictures of some of the memories that our family had there....

The Cottage was a blessing and we will remember it with great fondness!
No comments:
Post a Comment