Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Friday, October 17, 2008

Do I Dare?

Do I dare try and post anything since our family upload violation with our internet provider?!?!? Sorry I have been out of touch but we have been in big trouble.... at one point we had 5 laptops and one desktop going here at the ranch! Not to mention that Ben was trying to complete some big photography assignments with huge picture uploads.... Nonetheless- the combination of all of this freaked out our new internet provider so I am going to tip toe around and try to sneak in a picture or two.

This is the second day in the past month that I have been home alone. It has been a whirlwind of activity here: lots of big and yummy meals (kind of forgot how much work that is), lots of used towels, lots of strange breathing and very silent mornings, lots of packing and packages arriving as everyone got ready to leave, lots of teasing, games and general noise. ...and we even snuck Charlie home from WSU... it was glorious to be all together and I think we made the most of our time. We had everyone here at some point- only never all five kids and their spouses at the same time.... but it was sure fun and I think our cups are full from our great family time. I will post some photos from this fun time as I am able....
Hannah's last moments at Home
Things took a big turn on Tuesday of this week when we took Hannah to DIA to begin her new life in Afghanistan. There will be another big parting on the 30th when Abby and Ben leave for ten month mission assignments in Manila. But that is for another entry. For Hannah- it has been a year of job searching and a false start to Juba, Sudan in July.We had 8 great months with her at the ranch and Charlie especially enjoyed having her for his senior year of high school. But God is amazing and she has finally landed the type of job that she has wanted all along....teaching and education with marginalized women through the MCC. She has 5 months of language school ahead but she is very up for it and I got word today that she was in a smoothie shop having a little treat with several of her new friends at her destination. So do keep her close in your prayers as she adjusts, makes friends and learns a new language in a strange land.
We are so proud of her... her guts/faith to do something of this magnitude, this far from home. something so selfless because she has such great compassion for the underdog, and to do something that is bound to stretch her out of her comfort zone on a daily basis. God has called us each to different things.... but we are glad that she represents for our family, His love in a dark place.

Hats off to you, Hannah E.....

Hannah in her "New Look" ....it isn't Kansas, Dorothy

1 comment:

megarber said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with her too. I try to picture how it is for her. Yes, I'm proud of her too and amazed and prayerful. Hopeyou make it through all the big good-byes with lots of looking forward to the hello's that will come.