Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tassi Time

Tasmania Here We Come....

I wanted to write and show you all some photographs from a lovely place that probably most of us didn't even know existed... Tasmania, Australia! You might have heard of the Tasmanian Devil.... well, that's the place. The Tas Devil is kind of the state's mascot.

The Harbor in Hobart- across from our Hotel
We stayed at the Henry Jones Art Hotel. Hannah found this outstanding place and it was probably the most exquisite place we have ever stayed. Good thing I had some many credit card points and good that the Australian dollar is weak right now...pics don't do this place justice... it was orginally a jam factory that they have refurbished and filled with orginal art.... which is for sale. Walking through the halls is like walking through a gallery with brick and art and old beams....all the rooms had spas.... the last night we stayed in the Henry Jones Suite where they told us the Australian Prime Minsiter has stayed.... we got a real deal because the pump wasn't working on the overflowing bath so it eneded up cheaper than our rooms in Melbourne. We still had a good soak in the hug bath..... enchanting...

The Henry Jones Art Hotel

The Eco Tour in the Tasman Sea with Captain MICK!!!Dan Before the Rocking and Rolling Sea

Amazing Scenery

This tour also included dophins but there were more of them than on our NZ Tour and it was a whole school of them although I shot them with my SLR camera and not the digital. There were big fat seals too and many varieties of birds too. Captain Mick was a great and talented seaman but the waves almost did Dan in. He was a good sport but it was a good thing that he didn't know what he was getting into..... need I say more?!?!

The Candlestick- one of the top climbing spots in the world...

Port Arthur's Penal Colony's ChurchWe also visited Port Arthur's Penal Colony after our boating trip.... one of the most brutal places on earth to be a prisoner. Man's inhumanity to man.... it was not a very nice place.... it is a lovely place and it is hard to believe so many evil things went on there. We loved the church.... Dan and I thought Ben would have loved the brick and symmetry for photos. I took more with my SLR...
The Prison Dormitory
Huon Valley Apples

Another day we rented a car and this was Dan't left handed driving chance. I didn't think it would bother me but I found myself a chicken about driving on the left and gave that task to Dan. We went into a lovely place called the Huon Valley.... a place where they raise wine and apples. We bought apples at a self-serve and on your honor place on the way pictured here and then made our way to the Airwalk where we had a 5 mile walk in the forest and even up in the tree tops.
The Airwalk

A Great Place to Eat on our Return Trip

The Hill Winery

Some Great Oysters on our fancy night out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, this is Devi, Hannah & Abby's friend from JBU. Han stayed with my family in Melbourne for three weeks.. Just wanted you to know that I'm enjoying your Australia/NZ blogging. I'm in Canada at the moment, and I do miss my wonderful country. Oz is the BEST :).

Dan and Lynn said...

Devi-
sorry to have missed you! Hope your sister will call today because today is our last day here. I have no phone number for her but we would love to meet her and take her out for a meal. Thanks for reading the blog! Cheers! Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn.. her number is 9798 6707 if you want to try and call her. No idea what she's up to for the day :).

Dan and Lynn said...

Devi-
Thanks! I will try her! Hope to meet you someday too! Lynn