Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Grateful Hearts

Dan and Lynn in New Zealand wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Well- we made it home. Dan calculates that it was 31 hours from when we left our hotel in Melbourne. We had stops in both Sydney and Los Angeles. It was grueling this time around... especially for me, who didn't like the hours of turbulence on the plane and being wedged in a very small seat. Dan has trouble be cramped too! The long flight was 13 hours....
The suitcases packed one last time... aptly nicknamed the "beasts"
But what a trip!!! We are having a hard time adjusting to it not being Spring here... darn! I do so love warm weather! That was so very nice! We are barley functioning even today but we will get our feet under us in the next day to two... yikes! I had better because my PEO sisters are coming for our annual Christmas Party next Thursday. Charlie is feeling rather picked on because there is no one to cut up onions and help with the Christmas decorations.... we are missing the rest of our kiddos!
I plan to put some more pictures of our trip here in the next few weeks.... especially of our time in New Zealand so don't stop checking my blog. I didn't always have Internet access and we were really busy so there wasn't much time.

As I reflect at this Thanksgiving... I know that some of our dear friends are going through very trying times. Our Pastor's wife, Sue, is fighting cancer in the lymph nodes of her leg. My dear friend, Kathy, in Milwaukee, is having a long and hard fight with cancer as well. Tara's Mom, Cindy, and Uncle Brian's friend, Sherrie, are in the grips of MS.... our prayers are with you all daily! I remember some very dark days in our lives as well. I can't answer the whys but I can point you to Jesus... the light, the comfort and the Savior of this world and I can remind us all of God's provision to us in Christ. There are no guarantees in life except that Jesus is who He says He is... hang on He will not let you down.

Dan and I feel especially blessed to have you all as friends and family, to being going to have Thanksgiving with the Kirkbride Clan at Glen and Rocky's tomorrow, to have five great kids and to claim Tara and Ben. I feel privileged to be married to Dan and for our great trip.... I wonder what your list includes?!?!? Prayers for a blessed Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am checking it...I am checking it! Love the pics...Tara and I will go someday!

Jer

abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abby said...

Dad,
I have never seen you looking quite so photographed.

What if your trip causes Ben and I to move to Melbourne and live so very far away from Wyoming?

It is a real possibility.

Love you both,
Abby