Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Friday, November 07, 2008

Today we are in the Air

Today marks the start of a trip of a lifetime for Dan and I. We have made more trips to DIA (Denver International Airport) than I can count in the past eight years to put any number of children on some international flight to fly, as my Mother would say, to Timbucktoo!!! Dan thinks we should invest in the Express Toll Pass we go so often! So, folks, here is our chance to go on a big trip. Dan said that after 25 years of parenting and 15 years of marriage that I deserve a trip. You know- I kind of think I/we do! So today's our day thanks to our own family travel agent... Hannah E!

We are flying to Australia- the undiscovered land "down under". I think it will be entirely strange to lose a whole day once we cross the international date line. No one will asking us how we feel about it.... but we will simply cease to exist on November 8th and will arrive in Auzie land on the 9th. Now it will be totally cool to get the day back once we fly back.... but how strange. How do they book tickets like that? I just hope our hosts will know which day we actually arrive.... We will be in Sydney for 24 hours... hope to attend the Hillsong Church (wouldn't that be cool?) and see the Opera House and lovely harbor that I have read of.

Then on to New Zealand... home to the Kiwi's.... to check out all things new!!! Our hosts are the Wallace's (Ian and Janet) of whom Ian lived the summer after Dan's senior year in High School with Dan and Mom and Dad K. He loves the Kirkbride's which a great news for us! They live in Christchurch, NZ (I love this name!) Mom and Dad K. went to visit once and he and Janet intend to take us practically around the perimeter of the south island with stops at family sheep farms, Mt. Cook and wonderful Bed and Breakfasts along the way. They own their own five-star B and B so I am sure it will all be extraordinary for us from rural WY. We are so blessed to have them being our own native tour guides and friends!!! Check out their own B and B at: http://www.tangley.co.nz/

For you map lovers!


We will write more soon so we invite you to follow along as you can and write us notes along the way! Cheers mates!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is going good for you and dan. Still have you in my thoughts and prayers.
M.Martin