Still Working Out What it Means to Be Saved By Grace

We might be mid-life but we are still
trying to discover the depths of faith, family and how we are to be
Christ-agents in this world in which we live. We are open to explore, ponder and
discover how God will use us in this phase of our lives. We desire to refine and
adjust ourselves while we reconnect to our pasts and make this transition to the
future. It isn't really about the destination but more about the journey....We
use each of you to sharpen us and hone us to be the people that God intended for
us to be. Will you share the journey with us? We love your comments!


Saturday, November 08, 2008

We Made It!!! Updated with Pictures

Hillsong Church
Dan and I wanted folks to know that we arrived this morning safely in Sydney, Australia! Still can't believe we are here or that we are over 8,500 miles from home! Hannah would have been proud of the hardy troopers that we were. I think I had 5 hours of sleep coming over and Dan only about two and a half but we amused our selves with a movie and two meals so the flight of about 13 hours was bearable. Never mind that we lost our almonds coming through customs and got kind of scolded for having Chugwater Chili in two places and not declaring it..... We got to the hotel in fine form and proceeded to get good directions from someone here at the hotel and then better directions from a man in the subway station. We just got back from a service at the famous Hillsong Church and then a self-tour via a ferry to see the Harbour Bridge and then the Opera House. We ended up having ice cream on the wharf and it was cool. I got pictures but forgot my cord to the camera and I hopefully will get a way to post them later. We mainly wanted you too know that we are safe and are having quite the adventure! Thinking of you Hannah and all you did to put this together! We are 17 hours ahead of Chugwater which has us whacked out! Tomorrow on to New Zealand.
Hugs!

Harbour Bridge: Syndey, AU

Famous Sydney Opera HouseLynn in Darling Harbour

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Nice post. How's the hotel? Did you go to High Tea? I mentioned in an email you could get a USB SD card reader. Hope you're fast asleep as I write this, both of you. Just went on a big chase to get the cat back, met almost all the neighbors, but it turned out she was creeping happily along the top of our wall. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dan and Lynn,

We're thankful you are safely in Australia. What an adventure!! Sue and I are familiar with the IDL...crossed it several times. Guam is 17 hours ahead, and we were whacked out, also. We had good services at church this morning, and Jake did a great job teaching the adult class. Marcelyn was in the worship service this morning...the first since her cataract surgery...she's doing fine. The new family from the Bartlett Ranch was in church again this morning. I had a good visit with them last week. The Cantata practice is going great, but they're missing your two trained voices. We had prayer for your continued safety, as you travel. A little interesting note....I was watching Jeopardy this evening, and one of the questions was what is the national bird of New Zealand?! Lynn, you answered it in your blog...the Kiwi. The weather is still beautiful...55° today. Don't forget to check my weather site, and web cam...www.wyomingwx.net. You two take care, and we hope the fun gets better and better. No two people derserves it any more. Also, please remember Sue in your prayers. We hope to hear from the biopsy tomorrow (Monday)....Tuesday in Australia, I think. God bless you...all the time!

Pastor Jack and Sue

abby said...

Hey you two,
Not a lot from here other than a crazy new life, but I just wanted to say that I envy your Great Kangaroo Adventure. Have you pet a koala yet?

(If you do at all Ben will be quite made with envy.)

Love you guys. I can't wait to see pictures.

Abby

Jennifer Miller said...

How fun!! Can't wait to read updates and see pictures!